I could have made just regular chicken and shrimp Alfredo but that would be no fun. Instead I tried to add a little pizzaz to it with a few minor tweaks.
2 chicken breast sliced in half and pounded flat
1/2 lbs medium cooked shrimp (i took a shortcut)
1 jar of Classico Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons of Classico pesto sauce
Cajun blend of seasonings. I used Penzeys
1 garlic clove
2 tablespoons of butter
1. Slice your chicken breast down the middle length-wise to make the breast thinner. Place wax paper of them and pound it flat using a meat pounder.
2. Once you have your pieces, rub a thick layer of the Cajun spices on each side. Marinate for about 2 hours.
3. Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning. Add a drop of olive oil and stir to coat the shrimp. Also place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. After the chicken and shrimp has been in the fridge for 2 hours begin to boil hot water for your pasta. Once that is finished I like to put my pasta back in the hot pan and let it sit on the stove to remain warm.
As that cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan on medium high for the chicken. Cook chicken on each side for about 5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
5. While you are cooking the chicken, put the jar of Alfredo sauce in a sauce pan. Add 2 tablespoons of pesto and stir on low-medium heat.
6. When the chicken is complete, add another table spoon of butter with 1 chopped garlic clove. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. It won’t take long if you use medium cooked shrimp.
7. Almost done! Pour the warm sauce over the pasta and stir. I like to add the chicken and shrimp on the plate instead of mixing it in the sauce but that is just my preference. I served it with caesar salad and breadsticks!